MPA News and its sister newsletter Marine Ecosystems and Management (MEAM) have partnered to build a new website to help you and your peers around the world share knowledge more easily.
OpenChannels (openchannels.org ) is designed to become your comprehensive source for news, guidance, and community discussion on sustainable practices in ocean planning and management - from MPAs to marine spatial planning to ecosystem-based management.
Available in its experimental "beta" version, OpenChannels already offers an array of tools including:
- A searchable library of 1000+ publications on ocean planning and management
- Open discussion forums and live chats with experts
- Ability to comment on MPA News & MEAM articles
- "Top 10" lists of publications on MPAs and other topics
- A growing collection of instructional videos
- Job and grant listings
- And more to come, including a team of regular commentators to debut soon
We are offering a webinar on 9 October on ways that OpenChannels can serve you. To register, go to www1.gotomeeting.com/register/912260745
Please let us know what you think of OpenChannels. There are feedback forms throughout the site. We are learning from you what works and what doesn't and improving as we go. The next version of OpenChannels will launch in mid-October, informed by your feedback.
We look forward to hearing from you and building a site that serves your ocean planning and management needs. Thank you very much. The channels are open.
John B. Davis, MPA News Editor
OpenChannels is funded by the Gordon and Betty Moore Foundation.